Democracy Maine fought for an ambitious agenda during the 2019 legislative session:
- Expand Ranked Choice Voting to gubernatorial/legislative elections (LD 1477) defeated
- Restore primaries for presidential candidates (LD 245) signed into law!
- Ban lobbyist contributions to legislators year-round (LD 54) partial victory
- Join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (LD 816) defeated
- Allow municipalities to implement early voting (LD 619) defeated
- Introduce Automatic Voter Registration (LD 1463) signed into law!
- Establish election process/audits to improve transparency (LD 1026) Signed into law!
Each session, the Democracy Maine Advocacy Committee helps to draft and identifies pieces of legislation we believe will make the most significant impact on the strength of Maine's democracy.
Throughout the session, our grassroots network advocates for the passage and implementation of this legislation.
Please contact us for more information.